– Red and pink clash.
– Don’t wear white after labor day.
– Don’t wear white shoes after labor day.
– Take off one accessory before leaving the house.
– Navy and black don’t go together.
– Shorts are only for summer.
– Mixed prints are too busy.
– You have to wear silver or gold jewelry, not both.
– Petite girls can’t wear maxi skirts …
– … Or midi skirts.
– Horizontal stripes make you look larger.
– “Classics” have to cost a ton of money.
– You can’t wear red to a wedding.
– Faux fur and leather are tacky.
– Sneakers are only for the gym.
– Every women must own a trench coat. Or ballet flats. Or a black shift dress.
– You need shampoo to wash your hair.
– “Dry clean only” tags are always correct.
– Dresses and pants don’t mix.
– Denim on denim is a fashion faux pas.
– You should always match your shoes, bag, and belt.
– Red lipstick is only for evening.
– Tall women shouldn’t wear heels.
– Sweatpants can never be worn outside the house.
– Only wear one bold color at a time.
– Pastels are only for easter. Or for Springtime.
– Once a garment is ironed, it won’t wrinkle.
– Sunglasses have to be neutral.
– Actual menswear is just for men.
– Glitzy fabrics like sequins can’t be worn during the day.
– Sweatshirts are strictly casual wear.
– Clear heels are for strippers
– Always buy the same size in clothes.
– Clutches are only for nighttime.
– No short skirts after 40.
– Brown and black don’t mix.
– Faux diamonds are a fashion faux pas.
– An old coat is a lost cause.
– Keep your shoes in shoeboxes.
– Don’t wear socks and sandals.
– Jewelry boxes are best for storing your all your jewelry.
– A shower is the only way to get rid of too much perfume.
– Loose styles flatter plus-size women most.
– Jeans should be washed as much as your other clothing.
– Overalls can’t ever be chic.
– Sheer tops can’t be worn to work.
– Only dry clean your clothes after storing them, not before.
– High-waist pants are always unflattering.
– Fashion rules are meant to be followed and taken seriously. (As you can see, they’re not. Wear what makes you feel awesome!)